The Sims Resource provides this web site to you subject to these terms and conditions of use. Please read these site terms carefully before using this web site. By accessing or using this web site, you explicitly agree to comply with and be bound by these site terms and all terms, policies and guidelines incorporated by reference herein. If you do not agree to all provisions of these site terms, do not use this web site.
The Sims Resource reserves the right to change or modify any of the terms and conditions contained in these Site Terms, or any policy or guideline of the Site, at any time and in its sole discretion. Unless otherwise specified, any changes or modifications will be effective immediately upon posting of the revisions on the Site, and your continued use of the Site will constitute your acceptance of such changes or modifications. You should review the Site Terms and its incorporated policies and documents from time to time to understand the terms and conditions that apply to your use of the Site. If you do not agree to any amended terms, you must stop using the Site.
VIP membership Terms and Conditions
- All charges are made in US dollars which will be converted at the current day's exchange rates by your financial institution. Some banks levy conversion or transaction fees in addition to the cost of the subscription - this is beyond our control. We will only ever charge you the advertised price.
- We reserve the right to change advertised prices at any time, without notice. Existing subscriptions will not be affected until cancelled. Once you cancel your subscription, your entitlement to the price you were paying on that subscription ends and any new subscription will be charged at the currently advertised price.
- Subscriptions are payments that will auto-renew until you cancel. Allowing your subscription to lapse so that the payment falls "past due" is NOT a cancellation (if your bank pushes your new card details to our payment service provider as many now do, your charge will resume). If you want your subscription to stop, you need to cancel it.
- If you experience problems with our custom content or any of our applications, we will offer you full assistance in trying to make good the problems you experience via our Support service in the process, including (but not limited to) offering you beta versions of our products where an application fault has been identified and fixed, but not yet released for public use.
- We will provide a full refund within 14 days of purchase on request - provided you have not made more than 1 download during the period, a free game was not included in the purchase - in which case we have to deduct the value of the game) and you have not opened a dispute with your payment provider which will freeze your funds. Refunds are not issued automatically, so please contact customer support to arrange this. Note that we will only be able to refund the money you have paid directly to us. We cannot refund any additional fees your financial institution may have charged you in addition. Once you have downloaded more than one item under your subscription plan, you waive the right to withdraw from the contract for full refund.
- If you have used your subscription but have purchased the wrong plan, we can help you change to the correct plan and, for unused periods, issue a prorated refund for all months not used. Please contact customer support for more information.
- All subscriptions auto-renew until the renewal has been cancelled by you (the customer) in your TSR account/subscription settings. You are free to cancel at any time. If for any reason you are unable to cancel through self service (for example: you have forgotten your password) please contact customer support.
- If you cancel renewal, your VIP membership will stay valid for the whole remaining period that has already been paid for unless you action a dispute over payment.
- You need to cancel your subscription in your account/subscription settings at our site. Cancelling payment with your payment provider does not cancel your subscription here, and so it will keep trying to renew. Note that cancelling your subscription does not grant a refund. If you think you qualify for a refund according to these terms, please contact customer support.
- VIP access is granted as soon as the payment has completed for most payment types. However, some locally available payment providers like iDeal and Klarna might delay sending your payment for up to 72 hours. We will do our best to secure your payment in a timely manner though your VIP might be paused if the delay reaches beyond 48 hours.
- Depending on the web browser you are using, you might have to log out and then log in again to start using VIP features. Sometimes, a 'deep-refresh' is needed (Ctrl-F5) to force your browser to reload the page. Sometimes, you might need to try a new browser to ascertain whether your usual browser is caching older versions of the site.
- If you dispute the charge with your payment provider, we reserve the right to terminate your VIP service with immediate effect.
- Performing unauthorised chargebacks, attempting to defraud via dispute when you have both received and used the subscription, or making any other provably false claim will result in you being banned permanently from our service. Bans resulting from any criminal activity will not be lifted.
Free game promotions
- As stated during purchase, we cannot refund free games. If you chose a free game as part of your purchase during any free game promotion we were running, we will need to deduct the value of the free game from any refund due to you.
Gift Card Terms and Conditions
- All charges are made in US dollars which will be converted at the current day's exchange rates by your financial institution. Some banks levy conversion or transaction fees in addition to the cost of the purchase - this is beyond our control. We will only ever charge you the advertised price.
- Once a Gift Card has been redeemed, it is no longer refundable.
- Gift Cards cannot be exchanged for cash value.
Ownership and Copyright
Except as otherwise indicated, the Site, and all text, images, marks, logos and other content contained herein, including, without limitation, The Sims Resource logo and all designs, text, graphics, pictures, information, data, software, sound files, other files, Content (as defined below) and the selection and arrangement thereof (collectively, the "Site Content") are the proprietary property of The Sims Resource and are protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. The Site and all Site Content is © 1999 - 2023, The Sims Resource. All Rights Reserved.
Uploading your content
By uploading content on our site, you agree that all the materials you have used and the entire works of your content is free of all copyright claims, is either your own work or you have express permission to use the content. The Sims Resource is merely a hosting site for content made by users and is not liable for your copyright infringements. By uploading to our service you agree to accept all liability in the case of any copyright claim.
Rights to User Content
By posting or distributing Content to or through the Site, unless we indicate otherwise, you (a) grant The Sims Resource and its affiliates a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable and fully sub licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, publish, retain and host indefinitely, create derivative works from and publicly display and perform such Content throughout the world in any media, now known or hereafter devised; (b) grant The Sims Resource and its affiliates and sublicenses the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such Content, if they choose; and (c) represent and warrant that (i) you own and control all of the rights to the Content that you post or otherwise distribute, or you otherwise have the lawful right to post and distribute such Content to or through the Site; (ii) such Content is accurate and not misleading; and (iii) use and posting or other transmission of such Content does not violate these Site Terms and will not violate any rights of or cause injury to any person or entity. You further grant The Sims Resource the right to pursue at law any person or entity that violates your or The Sims Resource's rights in the Content by a breach of these Site Terms.
Content submitted by users will be considered non-confidential and The Sims Resource is under no obligation to treat such Content as proprietary information. Without limiting the foregoing, The Sims Resource reserves the right to use the Content as it deems appropriate, including, without limitation, deleting, editing, modifying, rejecting, or refusing to post it. The Sims Resource is under no obligation to offer you any payment for Content that you submit or the opportunity to edit, delete or otherwise modify Content once it has been submitted to The Sims Resource. The Sims Resource shall have no duty to attribute authorship of Content to you, and shall not be obligated to enforce any form of attribution by third parties.
If it is determined that you retain moral rights (including rights of attribution or integrity) in the Content, you hereby declare that (a) you do not require that any personally identifying information be used in connection with the Content, or any derivative works of or upgrades or updates thereto; (b) you have no objection to the publication, use, modification, deletion and exploitation of the Content by The Sims Resource or its successors and assigns; (c) you forever waive and agree not to claim or assert any entitlement to any and all moral rights of an author in any of the Content; and (d) you forever release The Sims Resource, and its successors and assigns, from any claims that you could otherwise assert against The Sims Resource by virtue of any such moral rights.
The Sims Resource grants you a limited license to access and use the Site and to view, copy and print portions of the Site Content. Such license is subject to these Site Terms, and specifically conditioned upon the following: (i) you may only view, copy and print portions of the Site Content for your own informational, personal and non-commercial use; (ii) you may not modify or otherwise make derivative uses of the Site or the Site Content, or any portion thereof; (iii) any displays or printouts of Site Content must be marked "(c) 1999 -
, The Sims Resource. All rights reserved."; (iv) you may not remove or modify any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices that have been placed in the Site Content; (v) you may not use any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods; (vi) you may not use the Site or the Site Content other than for its intended purpose; and (vii) you may not reproduce, prepare derivative works from, distribute or display the Site or any Site Content (except for page caching), except as provided herein. Except as expressly permitted above, any use of any portion of the Site or Site Content without the prior written permission of The Sims Resource is strictly prohibited and will terminate the license granted herein.
Any such unauthorized use may also violate applicable laws, including without limitation copyright and trademark laws and applicable communications regulations and statutes. Unless explicitly stated herein, nothing in these Site Terms may be construed as conferring any license to intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise. This license is revocable at any time.
You represent and warrant that your use of the Site and the Site Content will be consistent with this license and will not infringe or violate the rights of any other party or breach any contract or legal duty to any other parties, or violate any applicable law. You expressly agree to indemnify The Sims Resource against any liability to any person arising out of your use of Site Content not in accordance with these Site Terms. To request permission for uses of Site Content not included in the foregoing license, you may contact The Sims Resource owners/operators through our Support System.
The Site may contain links to third-party Web sites ("Third-Party Sites") and third-party content ("Third-Party Content") as a service to those interested in this information. You use links to Third-Party Sites, and any Third-Party Content therein, at your own risk. The Sims Resource does not monitor or have any control over, and makes no claim or representation regarding, Third-Party Content or Third-Party Sites. The Sims Resource provides these links only as a convenience, and a link to a Third-Party Site or Third-Party Content does not imply The Sims Resource's endorsement, adoption or sponsorship of, or affiliation with, such Third-Party Site or Third-Party Content. The Sims Resource accepts no responsibility for reviewing changes or updates to, or the quality, content, policies, nature or reliability of, Third-Party Content, Third-Party Sites, or Web sites linking to the Site. When you leave the Site, our terms and policies no longer govern. You should review applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any Third-Party Site, and should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any transaction with any third party.
Use of Chat Rooms, Forums and Other Interactive Areas
The Site may contain discussion forums, chat rooms, comments, guestbooks, review services or other forums in which you or third parties may post reviews of content, messages, materials or other items on the Site ("Interactive Areas"). If The Sims Resource provides such Interactive Areas, you are solely responsible for your use of such Interactive Areas and use them at your own risk. By using any Interactive Areas, you expressly agree not to post, upload to, transmit, distribute, store, create or otherwise publish through the Site any of the following:
- Any message, data, information, text, music, sound, photos, graphics, code or other material ("Content") that is unlawful, libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent or otherwise objectionable;
- Content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law, including, without limitation, the regulations of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission or any rules of a securities exchange such as the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ;
- Content that may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party;
- Content that impersonates any person or entity or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Unsolicited promotions, political campaigning, advertising or solicitations;
- Private information of any third party, including, without limitation, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card numbers;
- Viruses, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files;
- Content that is unrelated to the topic of the Interactive Area(s) in which such Content is posted; or
- Content that, in the sole judgment of The Sims Resource, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Interactive Areas or the Site, or which may expose The Sims Resource or its affiliates or its users to any harm or liability of any type.
The Sims Resource takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Content posted, stored or uploaded by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage thereto, nor is The Sims Resource liable for any mistakes, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehoods, obscenity, pornography or profanity you may encounter. As a provider of interactive services, The Sims Resource is not liable for any statements, representations or Content provided by its users in any public forum, personal home page or other Interactive Area. Although The Sims Resource has no obligation to screen, edit or monitor any of the Content posted to or distributed through any Interactive Area, The Sims Resource reserves the right, and has absolute discretion, to remove, screen or edit without notice any Content posted or stored on the Site at any time and for any reason, and you are solely responsible for creating backup copies of and replacing any Content you post or store on the Site at your sole cost and expense.
Advertisements and Promotions
The Sims Resource may run advertisements and promotions from third parties on the Site. Your business dealings or correspondence with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers other than The Sims Resource, and any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such third party. The Sims Resource is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of third-party advertisers on the Site.
Registration Data; Account Security
You agree to (a) provide accurate, current and complete information about you as may be prompted by any registration forms on the Site ("Registration Data"); (b) maintain the security of your password; (c) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data, and any other information you provide to The Sims Resource, and to keep it accurate, current and complete; and (d) accept all risks of unauthorized access to the Registration Data and any other information you provide to The Sims Resource.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED TO THE CONTRARY IN A WRITING BY THE SIMS RESOURCE, THE SITE, THE MATERIALS CONTAINED THEREIN AND THE SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR IN CONNECTION THEREWITH (THE "SERVICES") ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THE SIMS RESOURCE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NONINFRINGEMENT AS TO THE SERVICES, INFORMATION, CONTENT AND MATERIALS ON THE SITE. THE SIMS RESOURCE DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT MATERIALS IN THE SITE OR THE SERVICES ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CURRENT OR ERROR-FREE, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION AS TO THE ACCURACY OR PROPRIETARY CHARACTER OF THE SITE, THE SITE CONTENT OR ANY PORTION THEREOF.
WHILE THE SIMS RESOURCE ATTEMPTS TO MAKE YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE AND THE SERVICES SAFE, THE SIMS RESOURCE CANNOT AND DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR ITS SERVER(S) ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; THEREFORE, YOU SHOULD USE INDUSTRY-RECOGNIZED SOFTWARE TO DETECT AND DISINFECT VIRUSES FROM ANY DOWNLOAD.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU WAIVE AND COVENANT NOT TO ASSERT ANY CLAIMS OR ALLEGATIONS OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER AGAINST THE SIMS RESOURCE, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE, THE SERVICES, THE CONTENT OR THE MATERIALS CONTAINED IN OR ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CLAIMS OR ALLEGATIONS RELATING TO THE ALLEGED INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, ALLEGED INACCURACY OF SITE CONTENT, OR ALLEGATIONS THAT THE SIMS RESOURCE HAS OR SHOULD INDEMNIFY, DEFEND OR HOLD HARMLESS YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FROM ANY CLAIM OR ALLEGATION ARISING FROM YOUR USE OR OTHER EXPLOITATION OF THE SITE. YOU USE THE SITE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE SIMS RESOURCE NOR ANY PARTIES PROVIDING SITE CONTENT SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF THE SITE, THE SERVICES, THE CONTENT OR THE MATERIALS CONTAINED IN OR ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY OR RESULTING FROM YOUR RELIANCE ON ANY SITE CONTENT OR OTHER INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM THE SIMS RESOURCE OR ACCESSIBLE VIA THE SITE, OR THAT RESULT FROM MISTAKES, ERRORS, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELETION OF FILES OR EMAIL, DEFECTS, VIRUSES, DELAYS IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION OR ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, WHETHER OR NOT RESULTING FROM ACTS OF GOD, COMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, THEFT, DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO THE SIMS RESOURCE'S RECORDS, PROGRAMS OR SERVICES.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE SIMS RESOURCE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, WHETHER ACTIVE, PASSIVE OR IMPUTED), PRODUCT LIABILITY, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OF THE SITE EXCEED ANY COMPENSATION YOU PAY, IF ANY, TO THE SIMS RESOURCE FOR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE.
BECAUSE SOME STATES/JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Termination/Modification of License and Site Offerings
Notwithstanding any provision of these Site Terms, The Sims Resource reserves the right, without notice and in its sole discretion, without any notice or liability to you, to (a) terminate your license to use the Site, or any portion thereof; (b) block or prevent your future access to and use of all or any portion of the Site, Site Content or Services; (c) change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Site, Site Content or Services; and (d) impose limits on the Site, Site Content or Services.
If any provision of these Site Terms shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Site Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Questions and Comments
If you have any questions regarding these Site Terms or your use of the Site, please submit them to us by using our Support System.