What to upload:
When uploading a room, add the following files to a zip file:
- trayitem file
- room file
- rmi (usually multiple files)
- your screenshots
Please don't add any other files or custom content, otherwise your room will be rejected.
Please see How to obtain the files for more information on uploading your room.
- The size must be 4:3 aspect ratio. The smallest is 920 x 690 and the largest is 1024 x 768 (recommended)
- No grid lines (use "Live" mode to avoid this when taking screenshots in-game)
- Must be PG-13
- Must not be overly Photoshopped
We reject screenshots when:
- they don't meet all of the 'Essential' requirements above
- they're poor quality or too dark, or are obscured too much by text or other images
- they misrepresent the content you're uploading (for example: have been edited in a paint program)
- they include content not included in the game or in links you've entered in the submission form
- they contain named and/or known brands (for legal reasons)
- Mention whether the lot uses custom content or not
- Mention number of bedrooms
- Mention if any game-cheats must be enabled for the lot to work as intended
- Let people know which neighborhood and plot you used to build the lot
- State the in-game cost of the lot
- only links to TSR content are permitted. These will be created automatically when you upload your room
- must be submitted as a room from your game, not as an entire lot
- at least 50% of the room comprises custom content from The Sims Resource. We only accept rooms to showcase custom content, so your room must do this
- the room must be accessible (at least one door must be added) and should have enough space for Sims to move around without becoming stuck.
- floors and walls must be decorated
- must not contain Sims
- avoid using any copyrighted or branded items in your room. We're legally obliged to remove downloads that do. If your lot uses someone else's item from TSR and that item is copyrighted, there is every chance it will be removed, meaning your room will now be missing that file.